Even though maids are professional cleaners and know what they are doing, yet is quite possible for them to forget things sometimes. A house cleaning checklist can save the day when this happens and helps ensure that every task is properly done. A light cleaning of the whole house should be done every day, but a good approach is to focus on only one area per day to ensure deep and thorough cleaning. Here’s a weekly deep house cleaning checklist that you can give your maids for efficient and quick cleaning.
1- Checklist for Living Room Cleaning – Day One
The weekly cleaning checklist for maids starts with cleaning the living rooms on day one. Here is what maids can do to ensure a neat and clean living room.
- A thorough dusting of all the living room surfaces.
- Dusting and hand wiping furniture tops, tabletops, and decoration pieces.
- A dusting of baseboards, chair rails, and wooden door panels.
- Cleaning and dusting of the ceiling fans.
- Vacuum cleaning the carpets and sofas.
- Dusting the electric boards and television thoroughly.
- Wet wiping tiled flooring and vacuuming.
- The curtains windows and cleaning mirrors.
- The Dusting and hand wiping picture frames with a cloth.
- Dusting the lamps and wet wiping their shades.
- Emptying the dust bins and properly disposing of the clutter from the living room.
2- Checklist for Bathroom Cleaning – Day Two
Cleaning the bathrooms is not an easy task which is why you should give them some extra attention. Moreover, high-quality disinfectants and detergents should be used to ensure quality cleaning. Below is the checklist that must be followed to clean the bathrooms.
- All the surfaces to eliminate any chance of mold growth.
- Dusting the windows, cleaning the sills and blinds, and wet wiping the mirrors.
- Dusting and rearranging of the cabinets of the bathroom.
- Cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces.
- Wet wiping the front of the cabinets.
- Disinfecting the showers, bathtubs, and toilets.
- Disinfecting the doorknobs.
- Wet wiping the floors and drying them afterward with the help of a floor mop.
- Clearing all the clutter from the bathroom and disinfecting the waste bins.
3- Checklist for Kitchen Cleaning – Day Three
Cleaning kitchens is tricky as it involves dealing with food leftovers and hard stains on the walls. Therefore, top-quality detergents are needed to make the cleaning process easy and efficient. Here are the steps to follow while cleaning kitchens.
- Cleaning and hand wiping all the appliances present inside the kitchen.
- Dusting the exterior side of the refrigerator and removing the leftover food from the inside.
- Cleaning the countertops and, if needed using a disinfectant.
- Dusting the cabinets from the inside and wiping the fronts.
- Washing the dishes and disinfecting the dishwasher.
- Cleaning the sink and the drain pipe.
- Thorough cleaning of the microwave from the inside and outside.
- Dusting the dining table and chairs and, if needed, wet wiping them.
- Cleaning the floors with a wet mop and vacuuming them afterward.
- Removing leftover food and garbage from the kitchen.
- Cleaning the waste bin and replacing the garbage bag.
4- Checklist for Bedroom Cleaning – Day Four
People spend most of their time in their bedrooms, which is why they must be clean and organized all the time. Here is a weekly checklist for maids to ensure a fresh-looking and clean bedroom.
- Dusting the furniture present in the bedroom, for example, side tables, chairs, and sofas.
- Dusting the wardrobes from the outside and cleaning them from the inside. This also includes properly hanging the clothes.
- Dusting the window blinds and replacing the curtains.
- Dusting and cleaning the lights.
- Cleaning the ceiling fans.
- Vacuuming the carpets.
- Changing the bedsheets if needed and taking the old ones to the laundry.
- Proper making of beds, including pillows and blankets.
- Ensuring that everything present in the bedroom is placed in the right spot.
5- Checklist for Laundry – Day Five
Day five calls for the laundry. First, the maids should grab the laundry basket and tour the house. During the tour, they should grab all the dirty clothes, bed sheets, curtains, and other things that need to be cleaned. After that, they should set up laundry and wash everything collected in the laundry basket. Then the clothes should be properly pressed and hung in the cupboards. Let the curtains and bedsheets dry first. After that, fold them and put them in the cupboards. So laundry cleaning is mandatory for cleaning your house to the next level.
6- Checklist for Entryway and Hallway Cleaning – Day Six
Day six should be kept for cleaning the entryways and hallways. These house areas are generally exposed to traffic and hence collect most of the dirt. Here is what the maids should ensure
- Cleaning and wet wiping the entire floors.
- Organizing the shoe racks and ensuring that no shoe is out of it.
- Cleaning the staircase and the rails.
7- Day Seven Should Be Rest Day
The last day of the week should be a rest day for the maids. However, some people might need a follow-up cleaning, and maids should go for it.
A house cleaning checklist covers every cleaning task, and the one shared above focuses on dividing all the cleaning chores throughout the week to ensure better and more efficient cleaning.